Pages

When will the magic end?

I can't help but wonder when all the amazingness will end. Life's puzzle has some oddly shaped and awkward smelling pieces but they seem to have fit together quite nicely.

Magical moment captured by Ada with a magic phone

Life in general is pretty amazingly magical the way we have set up our little human ant-farm we call life … I mean really …

I turn on the faucet and water comes out. Not blood. Not bile. Not bats or nightmares. Clean, clear mud-free water! I get to decide whether I want hot, cold, or variations of warm. I assume this is just a result of a magic water fairy who loves me.

I plug something into the wall and it turns on. A light. A heater. A fan. I don't have to donate a piece of my soul or 6 eyelashes each time for this privilege  - it just works. I assume this is because I have an electric personality that keeps me completely in charge of the electrons that worship me! But WHAT is in that magic wall????

I walk down the street and people smile and say "hello" and no one tries to steal my stuff or beat the hell out of me (usually).  Obviously through my years of living in a civil society I have developed a reputation worthy of respect so I'm obviously super special. That and the fact that I have angels following me around keeping evil away.

Ada made these wings (and some for Zella) for a scrapped piƱata.


I open the garage and see vehicles - each of which can take me anywhere in North America without fail. A gas station will be there on every route I take so that I don't need to feed horses or sell my kidneys to keep going. If I have car troubles, it might take 30 minutes but help will be on the way - no reason to pee in the gas tank or build a dog-drawn wagon. Being a VIP has its privileges, I guess - no one else gets treated this way, right?

I look at my phone, it looks to space, and gives me stuff people have never had before in history. Why? Little magic bugs obviously - if you ever get hit by one, you can see the future for a few seconds.

I go to the store and I get fresh organic fruit even though it is freezing outside. I go to a restaurant and order authentic Indian, Italian, and Irish food and a beer from California - and they quickly place it in front of me. I don't even need to learn another language or a pay a membership fee or solve a riddle that risks my own imprisonment if I fail - It JUST HAPPENS! Again, obviously important people get cared for around these parts.

I can contact any person in my family using the phone or the internet. Yes there's this thing called the internet - it is a series of tubes. Being royalty means having no one ever say "never" to things like that.

If I don't feel well, I can get help. I can walk to the doctor or to the store and have the choice to get a magical bottle which can sometimes cure my woes. If that doesn't work, there's plenty of other methods at my disposal - yeah disposal. This magic isn't available to all - so I'm sure to nourish and scratch its belly to keep it around. 

If I want to go somewhere else on the planet, an amazing vehicle can transport me there within hours - amazingly soaring above everything at hundreds of miles-per-hour. Just be sure to not open the window or your head will snap off and everyone will get sucked out - but that never happens. Everyone knows that the airlines bought out the super-fairies years ago. A controversial move that benefits humans but is arguably slavery to the fairies - although they get paid quite well for their work.

There is so much we take for granted. So many problems we generate on our own that people in third-world countries would love to have. No one in Haiti has been caught complaining about their MAC machine taking too long or their Netflix is too expensive.

Sleep: take it where you can get it.
This is one of the most challenging times for the people - even specifically under the roof of my house. A fussy baby and two young people trying to adjust to being 50% less in the spotlight (at least). They swallow rocks. They poop the tub. They pee on themselves. They cry over nothing. They cry for who-knows-why. They spill everything. All at the same time the person who carried each of them for 9+ months is still trying to physically, mentally, and spiritually recover. Not to mention any baggage we carried into this mess. And I have serious baggage you know. Serious as cake. Home-made cake.

There is no question that each day tests us - and I often fail to live up to the "me" I want to be. Sounds like a song I should write but I won't because I'm not blessed with a magical voice - but I can accept that. And hey -  it's true that there are a lot of inequality in the world and a lot of anger and hate ---
but I am happier today that I have ever been even thought I know things will never be perfect.

And with all this in mind, I keep wondering when the magic will end.
And praying it never does.

No comments: