Pages

Best of Cleveland 2010 Scene cover … AKA why Cleveland doesn't suck.

Cleveland Scene cover  - Oct. 13, 2010 
There is something happening this week that makes me wanna scream a duet of "Cleveland Rocks" from the top of the Terminal Tower with Harvey Pekar (RIP) …

This week our very own Cleveland Scene magazine "Best of Cleveland 2010" issue was released featuring my artwork on the cover.  Yes … and I want to brag about it - just a little.  This is the biggest Cleveland Scene ever released - It's like a textbook about Cleveland … with ads. Heck, maybe textbooks have ads nowadays, I wouldn't know.

Anyway, this is the most exposure I've had since that day I ran down the street after our dog in my underwear and flip-flops.  Stupid shitzu.  This is a great issue of Scene – featuring the results of a huge survey somewhere between the size of the SATs and the Healthcare bill.  I swear, filling out the survey was almost intolerable and I'm guessing most of the winners were just made up because no one could have possibly filled out the whole thing.  Seriously though folks, an unbelievable number of "Best Of …" categories are well worth checking out and exploring for those interested.

I selfishly used my frequented and nearby locations to create this "planet Cleveland" … but that is not to say they aren't awesomely awesome in their own right.  West Side Market, Great Lakes Science Center, Browns Stadium, the War Memorial Peace statue … these are some of the many places that make Cleveland great.

There are plenty of other great Cleveland places and events to enjoy -  So do read the "Best Of" list and let Cleveland (and me) pat ourselves on the back for a while.

Here's a link in case you can't get your hands on a real live printed copy … which are free … and why I have a stack high enough to keep my house warm if the power goes out for the entire winter:

Scene Best of 2010




No comments: