Pages

37 …

Thank you for all the birthday wishes.  It really makes for a special day hearing from all of you! =)

I just want to share a few things with those who care (this may come off as a bit of a public diary entry - which i guess it is):

My 37th was the greatest year of my life.

I saw my oldest daughter learn to tie her shoes. And ride a 2-wheeler.  And begin to draw, color, and read in ways that are just wonderful to watch.


My younger daughter is learning to speak and be compassionate.  I love how she says "chlock-oh-let".

I did things I have been meaning to do for years.
My wife and I have both started playing the sports we loved as kids. Volleyball and hockey respectively.

I was fortunate enough to be able to have 2 gallery shows to benefit local causes.
Photography played a pretty big role this year as I contributed prints to benefits and also did several fun photo shoots of great people and families.
I met new people and learned to appreciate the people I already know and love even more.
As marriages grow and people get older, it seems that we learn more about ourselves as well - and how to inject each day with more joy and hope.  37 was all up in that action - a real motivating year.

This is a pretty sappy and serious post but my goal is to spread laughter and moments of joy wherever I can … OK now it sounds like I am on my death bed … which I am not =) But anyhow …
I live a privileged life and I am learning to appreciate that fact.

Here's to 38! =D …

BTW: If you are wondering what I am up to tonight … I will be reenacting a moment of my childhood right after I saw this movie … dancing in my room:

No comments: